Restaurant Brands International (QSR) Owner of Tim Hortons and Burger King just released its full year and 4th quater report here http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1488097/restaurant-brands-international-reports-full-year-and-fourth-quarter-2014-results and the stock has since rocked up 7% as of 11AM EST February 17 2015. The stock has since rocketed up because of Burger King same store sales up 3% yoy, Tim Hortons up 4% yoy which is phenomenal.
Some analysts have been saying that QSR is going to be the best performing stock in the TSE this year and I agree with that assessment.
Here are the highlights to the full year and 4th quarter report
Full Year 2014 Highlights:
- Tim Hortons (TH) comparable sales increased 3.1% and Burger King (BK) comparable sales increased 2.1%
- Delivered 186 net restaurant growth (NRG) at TH and 705 NRG at BK
- System-wide sales grew 6.6% at TH and 6.8% at BK in constant currency
- TH Adjusted EBITDA grew 10.5% on an organic basis to $816 million
- BK Adjusted EBITDA grew 11.5% on an organic basis to $726 million
- Paid Burger King Worldwide Inc. dividends of $0.30 per share or approximately $106 million
Fourth Quarter 2014 Highlights:
- TH comparable sales increased 4.1% and BK comparable sales increased 3.0%
- Delivered 81 NRG at TH and 412 NRG at BK
- System-wide sales grew 7.4% at TH and 7.7% at BK in constant currency
- TH Adjusted EBITDA grew 10.2% on an organic basis to $209 million
- BK Adjusted EBITDA grew 8.8% on an organic basis to $189 million
This material has been prepared by Thevalueswan.com . This document is for information and illustrative purposes only and does not purport to show actual results. It is not, and should not be regarded as investment advice or as a recommendation regarding any particular security or course of action. Opinions expressed herein are current opinions as of the date appearing in this material only and are subject to change without notice. Reasonable people may disagree about the opinions expressed herein. In the event any of the assumptions used herein do not prove to be true, results are likely to vary substantially. All investments entail risks. There is no guarantee that investment strategies will achieve the desired results under all market conditions and each investor should evaluate its ability to invest for a long term especially during periods of a market downturn. No representation is being made that any account, product, or strategy will or is likely to achieve profits, losses, or results similar to those discussed, if any. No part of this document may be reproduced in any manner, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Thevalueswan.com , other than to your employees. This information is provided with the understanding that with respect to the material provided herein, that you will make your own independent decision with respect to any course of action in connection herewith and as to whether such course of action is appropriate or proper based on your own judgment, and that you are capable of understanding and assessing the merits of a course of action. Thevalueswan.com does not purport to and does not, in any fashion, provide broker/dealer, consulting or any related services. You may not rely on the statements contained herein. Thevalueswan.com shall not have any liability for any damages of any kind whatsoever relating to this material. You should consult your advisors with respect to these areas. By accepting this material, you acknowledge, understand and accept the foregoing.